We do accept multiple applications on properties & we accept the most qualified tenant with the best terms for our landlord. If we already have an application on the property, the listing status will be “AC,” but you are welcome to also apply, with the understanding that all application fees are non-refundable. Again, we will accept the best qualified tenant who is offering the best terms for our landlord.
Minimum Qualifying Criteria:
- Credit = 650+ credit score. No disputes on credit, no foreclosures or bankruptcies in the past 5 years.
- Income = 3.5X monthly rent for household income.
- Criminal = No felonies. No crimes against a person, place, or property.
- No evictions or unpaid debts to previous landlords.
- Any misrepresentation on an application will constitute a breach & automatic decline.
- We will consider tenants who don’t meet income or credit requirements with additional deposit or a co-signer.
If your application is accepted, we will provide a lease within 1 business day. The terms of the lease are non-negotiable and the tenant has 1 business day to return the signed lease. After this, the tenant web portal will then be set up and you will then have 1 business day to pay the security deposit & non-refundable cleaning fee at https://treatyoak.appfolio.com
The terms of the lease are as follows:
- Rent must be paid online at https://treatyoak.appfolio.com/. There is no fee for “pay by check” online or your client can pay an additional fee to pay by credit card.
- Rent is due on the first and late on the 4th. There is an initial $50 late fee and $25 per day after that.
- Refundable security deposit will be one month’s rent minus $500, i.e. $2000/mo rent = $1500 deposit. Tenant will be required to submit additional nonrefundable $500 cleaning fee prior to move in. This is in lieu of requiring the tenants to have carpets steamed and property professionally deep cleaned & made ready. Property will still need to be ‘broom clean’, as in no trash or significant debris left behind.
- There is a 30 day notice to vacate the property.
- The tenant must allow a lockbox on the property and show the property for lease the last 30 days of their lease. If they would like to remove the lockbox, there is a fee of one month’s rent. (If this is a “campus pre-lease” property, a lockbox will be put on the property January 1 of the calendar year the lease expires.)
- There is a reletting fee of 150% of one month’s rent if the tenant or landlord provides the replacement tenant.
- Special Provisions: At landlord’s discretion, landlord may charge tenant first $100 of any repair. Tenant will pay a $500 move out cleaning fee. Any and all repairs requests must be submitted at http://treatyoak.appfolio.com. During last 30 days of lease, property will be shown to prospective tenants by Texas real estate agents. Agents will contact tenant with 1 hour notice to show property. If tenant does not respond to agents, agents will show property at the time specified.
- Unless otherwise specified, the tenant is responsible for all utilities.
- Unless otherwise specified, the tenant must maintain the yard and a watering schedule sufficient to keep a healthy lawn.
- Unless specifically stated otherwise in agent remarks, all leases will end in April, May, June, or July of any calendar year. The MLS “lease term” field is often not accurate because of limitations inherent to this field.
- Unauthorized pets will be subject to an initial $1000 fee & $100/day thereafter.
- If pets are approved, there is a $500 per pet deposit.
- If this is a “campus pre-lease” the first month’s rent is due upon acceptance.