IMPORTANT: Review our lease terms to your client BEFORE you or your clients fill out an application. These terms are non-negotiable. Your application must include your desired move-in date and lease term.
We do accept multiple applications on properties & we accept the most qualified tenant with the best terms for our landlord. We do not process incomplete applications. If the listing is in the status ‘AC’, this means we have approved applications and are in the process of signing a lease, but you are welcome to also apply, with the understanding that all application fees are non-refundable. Again, we will accept the best qualified tenant who is offering the best terms for our landlord.
IMPORTANT: If you/your client has an ESA / Assistance Animal, they will also have to apply at PetScreening.com Please use this link to apply at Petscreening.com, which has a unique identifier attached to our account. *More information on ESA verification is available here.
- Our goal is to have a signed lease within 24 hours of an approved application and to have a lease deposit from the new tenants within 24 hours of activation of the tenant portal. In order to facilitate this, it’s extremely important that the applicants understand all lease terms and our processes prior to submitting an application.
- Our complete application & approval process are below.
- Our standard lease terms and a sample lease are available below:
- Unless stated otherwise in the MLS listing or explicitly in email by a Treaty Oak representative, the property will be leased as-is, in its current condition.
Minimum Qualifying Criteria:
- Credit = 650+ credit score. No disputes on credit, no foreclosures or bankruptcies in the past 5 years.
- Income = 3.5X monthly rent for household income. (You must provide your most recent paycheck stub at the time of application. If you are self employed, you must provide the most recent year’s tax return or a letter and contact information from a board certified accountant verifying your income. Tax returns can not be past the latest extension filing date.)
- Criminal = No felonies. No crimes against a person, place, or property.
- No evictions or unpaid debts to previous landlords.
- Any misrepresentation on an application will constitute a breach & automatic decline.
- We will consider tenants who don’t meet income or credit requirements with additional deposit or a co-signer.
If your application is accepted, we will provide a lease within 1 business day. The terms of the lease are non-negotiable and the tenant has 1 business day to return the signed lease. After this, the tenant web portal will then be set up and you will then have 1 business day to pay the security deposit & non-refundable cleaning fee at https://treatyoak.appfolio.com
- A sample lease agreement is available for download here.
- Rent must be paid online at https://treatyoak.appfolio.com/. There is no fee for “pay by check” online or your client can pay an additional fee to pay by credit card.
- Rent is due on the first and late on the 4th. There is an initial $50 late fee and $25 per day after that.
- Refundable security deposit will be one month’s rent minus $500, i.e. $2000/mo rent = $1500 deposit. Tenant will be required to submit additional nonrefundable $500 cleaning fee prior to move in. This is in lieu of requiring the tenants to have carpets steamed and property professionally deep cleaned & made ready. Property will still need to be ‘broom clean’, as in no trash or significant debris left behind.
- Unless stated otherwise in the MLS listing or explicitly in email by a Treaty Oak representative, the property will be accepted by the tenant as-is, in its current condition. We will not negotiate repairs, improvements, or further cleaning after we have approved an applicant. If a tenant would like anything done to the property, they must note it in their application and this will be taken into account during the approval process.
- There is a 60-day notice to vacate the property.
- The tenant must allow a lockbox on the property and show the property for lease the last 60 days of their lease. If they would like to remove the lockbox, there is a fee of one month’s rent. (If this is a “campus pre-lease” property, a lockbox will be put on the property January 1 of the calendar year the lease expires.) We generally will place the lockbox and begin marketing the property 30-40 days prior to lease expiration, but we retain the right to do so at 60 days.
- There is a reletting fee of 150% of one month’s rent if the tenant or landlord provides the replacement tenant.
- Special Provisions: At landlord’s discretion, landlord may charge tenant first $100 of any repair. Tenant will pay a $500 move out cleaning fee. Any and all repairs requests must be submitted at https://treatyoak.appfolio.com. During last 60 days of lease, property will be shown to prospective tenants by Texas real estate agents. Agents will contact tenant with 1 hour notice to show property. If tenant does not respond to agents, agents will show property at the time specified.
- Unless otherwise specified, the tenant is responsible for all utilities.
- Unless otherwise specified, the tenant must maintain the yard and a watering schedule sufficient to keep a healthy lawn.
- Unless specifically stated otherwise in agent remarks, all leases will end in April, May, June, or July of any calendar year. The MLS “lease term” field is often not accurate because of limitations inherent to this field.
- Cats and dogs are the only pets allowed.
- Unauthorized pets will be subject to an initial $1000 fee & $100/day thereafter.
- If pets are approved, there is a $500 per pet deposit.
- Pets under 18 months old are not permitted & will not be approved.
- If an applicant does not have a pet at the time of application, but is considering getting one during the lease duration, then, for landlord’s consideration, the applicant(s) must notify management at the time of application of potential plans to later get a pet. If management is not notified at the time of application, then an additional $500 non-refundable pet fee will be required to add a pet to the lease, in addition to the normal, refundable pet deposit(s). **Reminder that management charges tenant an initial amount of $1000 and $100 per day thereafter per unapproved pet for each day Tenant violates the pet restrictions**
- If this is a “campus pre-lease” the first month’s rent is due upon acceptance.